Hey Peas! Laura Craigie here to show you a quick tutorial, and share some other fun ways to include Washi tape on your cards! Like most of us I'm just loving using washi tape, and want to put my growing collection to use more often
1. If there is one thing I love as much as washi tape, it's embossing folders. I love how easy it is to add texture to your projects, so I thought why not combine the two for this card.
Well that was super easy, and turned out really cute I think.
2. In this great example Pea Kathy Martin uses multiple washi pieces to create a fun background for her card. I love how bold the different pops of color look.
4. In this Finally Friday video I show how you can make an easy frame element on your card using washi. Just rip it and place it down in the shape you want. Don't be afraid to sew through it either, it does not gunk up your needle or anything at all :)
4. Then this next card by Mary-Jane is so simple, but it really just showcases the beautiful designs that washi comes in. I would have never thought to have the pieces stand alone like that! So simple and clever :)
5. Lastly this lovely cupcake card by Kimber uses washi tape and toothpicks to make some adorable little flags for her card. Endless idea for that one really, and such an inexpensive cute embellishment.
Thanks for stopping by today, hope you feel inspired to use a bit more washi in projects! - Laura
Today at Two Peas:
* There's a new batch of digital kits in the store today! Check them out here.
* Deal of the Day: 50% off select Canvas Corp.
* We'll be sending out our weekly newsletter! Look for it later today here, or subscribe from the 'My: Account' section to get updates on coupon codes, new products and events in the community!
* Kitty's filming her Weekly Warehouse Walk video. Look for it later this afternoon on her video series page!